Re: First-time gnus not working

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: First-time gnus not working
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:33:49 GMT

joao <joao@nospam.net> writes:

> I have a brand new DSL connection, the machine is an IBM TinkPad 390X
> running Linux Red Hat 9. I'm running emacs 21.2.1 with gnus
> messages includung "Reading active file from [...]" and then it gets
> stuck displaying
>
>       nntp read: 17k

If your DSL connection uses PPPoE there's some chance you're
encountering the MTU problems that are usually fixed with MSS
clamping, but I would expect many more `downloads' to break than just
this if that was the problem.

Still, might be worth checking out. Try a command line ftp of some
file and see how that goes.

Cheers,

        - Joel