Re: bogofilter behavior

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: bogofilter behavior
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:59:56 +0200

On Tue, Aug 03 2004, Harry Putnam wrote:

> I am subscribed but my messages .. (2 now) have never been posted.  (Its
> been 2days now).  I've seen no traffic in those days.  That qualifies
> for `pretty dead' to me.

For me, "pretty dead" would mean months or at least weeks. ;-) The low
traffic might be caused by holidays.  But as your messages don't
appear, there might be a problem with the list.  Maybe you should
contact the list admin.

> I've not hooked it up inside gnus since I'm thinking of dropping
> bogofilter in favor of Spamassassins built in bayes stuff.
>
> Do you have any comments as to the pros or cons of either?

I didn't ever try Spamassassin.  I'm happy with the bogofilter setup
of my provider, see (info "(gnus)Spam ELisp Package Configuration
Examples").

I have few spam classified as ham or unsure (maybe 1-3 per week), very
few false positives (ham classified as spam; maybe one in 1-2
months).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,