Setup Gnus/Xemacs on windows 2000!

From: Subhankar Chatterjee
Subject: Setup Gnus/Xemacs on windows 2000!
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 23:59:06 -0500

Hello,

I need to setup Gnus/Xemacs21.4 on windows2000!! I have been using Gnus/GNUEmacs on Redhat 8.0 till now. There aren't any problems with that. I am sorry that I couldn't do the homework here, but things are very urgent. This is my new job and I have been given an approved list of software which doesn't include Emacs!!!!!! I have to get this working fast and get this approved in the list( Which I will, hopefully :-) )

Gnus isn't rendering HTML mails. I don't want HTML mails but I need it to strip the HTML part correctly. Also the subject of the mails have weird characters in it :-(

It's working fine with my IMAP account. Is there any specific setup I need to have for IMAP? I have been using POP till now. Every time it connects to the server, it asks for the password twice and also asks for saving the password for the current session. If I say yes, it asks for it again. If I say no, it logs in good ;-( And it isn't caching the headers!! Taking a hell lot of a time to get the mails.

The subject line for follow ups to the main thread is coming up as "I0b0I020I0fa" . A lot of other things are showing up like that!!!

Sending mail is a problem. It isn't sending out using smtpmail-send-it. It gives out an error which says, "Wrong type argument: consp, nil" The SMTP setup is as it was on my home m/c. It works fine for the same account over there. I think I am missing something here.

It would be of great help if someone can get me the init file details. Or specific pointers on the info page would be helpful.

Save me!! I don't want to use Mozilla mail or even worse Outlook :-( I had written an article on Emacs way back. I would like to have comments on that too, off list :-) Look into my signature.

Regards,
Subhankar

--
http://subhankar.spymac.net