nnml groups to new system

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: nnml groups to new system
Date: 20 Aug 2004 10:41:31 -0400

I've installed a new system and decided I'd like to "start fresh" on
many things including 'gnus'.  Currently, I've got all my folders in
'nnml' format (one email per file).  What I want to do is transfer all
my nnml groups to the new system.

Reading the FAQ (#6.1) I see a method using 'mbox' format (multiple
emails per file) and the gnus-group-make-doc-group function (G f)

Though I *could* do something like "cd foobar; cat * >foobar.mbox" and
use the FAQ-6.1 approach for each group, I'm looking for an easier way
that avoids the intermediate 'mbox' step.  I bet there is a "magic
function" that I need to use

Thanks for any ideas!

--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker       khj@cs.appstate.edu