Re: nnnil

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: nnnil
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:24:07 +0200

Jochen Küpper <usenet@jochen-kuepper.de> writes:

> On 22 Aug 2004 07:21:49 -0700 Tang Yan wrote:
>
> Tang> 2. Extra instructions for users only need Gnus to read mails
> Tang> with imap/pop support.
>
> Personally I have
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-select-method RET ]
> | gnus-select-method's value is (nnnil "")
> `----
>
> At one point I got the impression (reading the ding list) that nnnil
> is kinda the preferred primary select method, cause then everything
> "real" is at par (second).
>
> Could someone comment on this, please.

Sounds like a good idea to me.  I'm not sure it should be prominently
mentioned -- it might be complicated to find wording that make it easy
to understand what's going on.  "Hey, we have these two variables for
configuring Gnus.  Yadayada etc on how they work and how they differ.
So, now that you've learned all that, forget about the first one.".
Rewriting lots of text might be necessary to make this flow right,
which might not be a bad idea anyway...