Re: problem with end of lines (sometimes)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: problem with end of lines (sometimes)
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:18:05 +0200

    Kai> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
    >> It seems that sometimes text like this
    >>
    >> First line \newline second line \newline
    >>
    >> Gets displayed as
    >>

    >> First line second line \newline

    Kai> Is the message marked format=text/flowed?  That format
No it seems not. I cannot see any indication of this sort.

    Kai> distinguishes between hard and soft newlines.  If a space
    Kai> precedes a newline, then it's soft, else it's hard.  Or vice
    Kai> versa; I can't remember.

It is really strange, yesterday I sent a mail to the bbdb mailing
list. I read this mailing list via gmane and gnus.
The function I posted is not displayed correctly but as it seems
in format=text/flowed also this is not indicated nowhere.
When I save the message
using
(setq gnus-default-article-saver 'gnus-summary-save-in-vm)
to a VM buffer, then when using VM to display this message, the lines
are displayed *correctly*.

What can I do in order to change the display behavior in gnus.

Uwe