Gnus, expiry and group parameters

From: Krishnakumar B
Subject: Gnus, expiry and group parameters
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:42:05 -0500

Hi,

Is there some variable that I should use to set the group parameters? The
manual isn't very clear about how to associate parameters with a group. Is
it done as an addition to nnmail-split-methods?

For example, will the following:

(setq nnmail-split-methods
      '((("junk" "^X-Spam-Status: Yes")
         (auto-expire . t))))

work? I didn't want to try it as I didn't want to lose any mail by doing
something stupid.

If I have total-expire turned on for a group, all articles that are read
are deleted as soon as I exit the group. If I have auto-expire turned on
for a group, all articles that are read are marked as expirable, and are
deleted after a week from when the mail arrived. So if I mark an article
received a month ago as expirable, it will be deleted immediately. Is this
correct?

-kitty.