Re: trivial-cite attribution problem

From: Sebastien Kirche
Subject: Re: trivial-cite attribution problem
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 22:18:05 +0200

Le 9 sep 2004, Xavier Maillard vraute :

> > Problem : it seems that a single word is not recognized by tc
> > as a real name, thus when i reply to a message which author is
> > "aname <an@address>", tc inserts the address and not the name.
> > Is that a tc bug, or do i missed something in tc's attribution
> > elisp ?
>
> My guess would go for the bug but I am not an expert of TC :/

It seems to be wanted by design : Svend just gave me the solution :)

> [...]
> Dunno if it will answer to your question, but here is what I
> currently use either for news or mails (in fact it is a
> simplified function).
>
> If the group I am in is nnml:mail, then the mail attribution is applying.

Thanks for you snippet  : it is a nice sample for  me (with the multiple and
different checks)  and gave one  solution to check  for the backend  to find
that it is mail and not news.
That is what i was looking for.

See ya on EMacsFr ;)

Sébastien Kirche