Re: reflecting X-NOFFLE-Status in gnus *Summary* buffer

From: Dan Jacobson
Subject: Re: reflecting X-NOFFLE-Status in gnus *Summary* buffer
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:39:17 +0800

Y> Y==Yair Friedman (yair@MailAndNews.com)

Y> If I understood you you want to change the summary  according to the
Y> presence/absence of X-NOFFLE-Status header. I did something similar for
Y> Importance MS headers my boss uses :)

Y> The basic steps for doing it are:
Y> * adding X-NOFFLE-Status to nnmail-extra-headers
Y> * defining gnus-user-format function that will search this header using
Y>   mail-header-extra and return mark needed.
Y> * adding %u spec in gnus-summary-line-format.

>From what I could piece together from the Gnus manual,

(setq gnus-extra-headers
      '(To Newsgroups X-NOFFLE-Status))
(setq gnus-summary-line-format
 (concat  "%U%R%z%I%(%t|%~(cut-left 3)d%~(max-right 2)d%4L|%-20,20f%):%s"
 "%~(form(gnus-extra-header 'X-NOFFLE-Status))@\n"))
(setq nnmail-extra-headers gnus-extra-headers)

should have appended X-NOFFLE-Status to each summary line.
But it doesn't.
Yes X-NOFFLE-Status is in the articles.