Re: Extra space in X-Draft-From field when drafting a messgage

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Extra space in X-Draft-From field when drafting a messgage
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:17:42 +0900

> Yamaoka san,
> Just wonder if the action is desired.
> Say when I post a new message, obviously X-Draft-From should be:

> But if I just post a followup, I think this header should be

Yes, it should be.  And I noticed the change I made yesterday is
insufficient.  If we make a message for reply without yanking
the original article (e.g., using `S f' or `f'), Gnus still adds
a trailing space.

> And I found now article number is not added.
> And seems this is not owing to the commit you just made.
> Could you please look into this? Or I missed something?

The article numbers are in the message-required-headers variable
which is buffer-local in the message buffer.  I got the
following value in *this* message:

message-required-headers's value is
((X-Draft-From lambda nil
               (gnus-inews-make-draft-meta-information
                "nntp+quimby:gnu.emacs.gnus"
                '(42439)))
 (optional . References)
 From)

It is the case when I made a message yanking the original
article.  When not yanking the original, there will be no
article number.  I think numbers should be there even if the
original articles aren't yanked.  I will try to fix it.