Automatic Outlook deuglification

From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk
Subject: Automatic Outlook deuglification
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:04:46 +0200

I managed to fix the problem I reported some time ago, that the main
body was colored with signature fact when deuglification was performed
from a hook.

The problem was that gnus-article-outlook-deuglify-article redisplays
the article, which probably has some side effect of setting the last
used face as current. It should not be redisplayed at this stage at all!

Here is the correct snippet for .gnus.el:

(defun outlook-deuglify-when-needed ()
  (let ((newsreader (message-field-value "X-Newsreader")))
    (when (and newsreader
               (string-match "^Microsoft Outlook Express" newsreader))
      (require 'deuglify)
      (gnus-outlook-deuglify-article t))))
(eval-after-load "gnus-art"
  '(add-hook 'gnus-article-decode-hook 'outlook-deuglify-when-needed))

Performing deuglification on all articles may broke some of them, but
I hope that performing it on Outlook articles only will make more good
than harm.

--
   __("<         Marcin Kowalczyk
   \__/       qrczak@knm.org.pl