Re: Scope of headers in posting styles

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Scope of headers in posting styles
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:56:27 +0200

On Thu, Sep 23 2004, Svend Tollak Munkejord wrote:

>       ((header "From" ".*\\.mydomain\\>")
>        (eval (setq tc-make-attribution 'my-simple-attribution))
[...]
> It comes into action when I reply to messages coming from
> mydomain. However, it is *also* turned on when I reply to messages
> containing ugly Outlook citation blocks:
[...]
> From: "Svend Tollak Munkejord" <svend@mydomain>
[...]
> Is this a bug? Shouldn't Gnus limit itself to consider the real
> message headers? Or do I have to tell it to do so, somehow?

I cannot reproduce this.  When I add your example to my
`gnus-posting-styles', replying to your message isn't triggered
(tc-make-attribution is void).

[wild guess:] I think what happens was that you first replied to some
proper From-mydomain mail (this sets tc-make-attribution globally
unless you have declared it as a local variable) and later you replied
to the forwarded mail.

Maybe the following works better:

    (eval (set (make-local-variable 'tc-make-attribution)
               'my-simple-attribution))

Or set `tc-make-attribution' to the other value in the default part
(".*") of your posting styles.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,