Re: Reference to a mail

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Reference to a mail
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:44:13 -0400

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, francois.fleuret@removeifyoudontspamepfl.ch wrote:

> Is there any way to get a reference of some sort to a mail so that I
> can automatically come back to it later?
>
> I wrote this short script to set up alarms for things to do, and I'd
> like to put an option so that I can directly go to a mail I have to
> reply to (i.e. start gnus, and go to a buffer in Article mode with the
> given mail).

Are the articles of interest guaranteed to have a message ID?  If yes,
you can use the Gnus registry to find an article by message ID.  This
is useful because the registry will track article move/copy
operations, as opposed to remembering the group+article number.  If
you don't expect to move or copy those articles, you can just do it by
group name and article number.

Ted