Cannot reply while in offline-mode.

From: Marcus Gustafsson
Subject: Cannot reply while in offline-mode.
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:40:24 +0800

Where should I try to look to solve the problem that I get a "Variable
binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size" whenever I try to reply to a
mail while in offline / unplugged mode?

There is no problem to read the message (so it must obviously exist in
the cache) and I can write mails if I start from a new one (which then
are correctly placed in the send-queue) but as soon as I try to reply
in any way the error occurs. The backtrace is available below.

I tried looking at the offending nnagent-request-type function and
searched the google but I didn't find any obvious solution to the
problem.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Variable binding depth exceeds
max-specpdl-size")
  gnus-online((nnimap "localhost" (nnimap-server-port 4242) (nnimap-stream ssl)
(nnimap-nov-is-evil f) (nnimap-expunge-on-close always)))
  gnus-agent-get-function((nnimap "localhost" (nnimap-server-port 4242)
(nnimap-stream ssl) (nnimap-nov-is-evil f) (nnimap-expunge-on-close always)))
  gnus-get-function((nnimap "localhost" (nnimap-server-port 4242)
(nnimap-stream ssl) (nnimap-nov-is-evil f) (nnimap-expunge-on-close always))
request-type)
  nnagent-request-type("INBOX" nil)

  <removed 192 identical lines>

  nnagent-request-type("INBOX" nil)
  gnus-request-type("INBOX")
  gnus-news-group-p("INBOX")
  gnus-summary-reply((309) nil)
  gnus-summary-reply-with-original(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-reply-with-original)

Regards
 Marcus