nnimap problem with gnus-group-get-new-news

From: johnsu01
Subject: nnimap problem with gnus-group-get-new-news
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:08:13 GMT

I hit 'g' to get new articles. Lots of action happens in the
minibuffer. nnimap articles are coming in.

But, when the group list is refreshed, none of the nnimap article
counts have changed.

It's not just an article count problem. If I enter the group, none of
the new articles are there.

If I move to the group and do M-g after doing g, the new articles
appear in the count and in the group.

This just started happening. This nnimap setup has been working fine
for several months.

I have checked the group scores. That's not it.

I have browsed the imap server to see if there are two versions of
each group --- I have seen a problem very similar to the one I'm
having, and this was the solution -- but there aren't.

Articles come into nntp groups fine.

The groups are updated correctly when I start or restart Gnus. But
successive 'g''s don't do it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Gnus v5.10.6
GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit) of 2003-10-31 on
raven, modified by Debian

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net