Switching news server & multiple servers

From: bazad
Subject: Switching news server & multiple servers
Date: 29 Nov 2004 09:25:25 -0800

Hi,

I noticed that my free newsgroups server does not always work well.
It looses the messages sometimes.  It has connection problems every
once in a while.  I could blame GNUS :)

I am considering trying another server or combination of them.  I need
to make sure that my current scoring rules still apply.  I also would
like to know how I could transfer the group history/cache or whatever
it is called.  I don't intend to subscribe to the same newsgroup
through more than one server, but I might end up doing this in the
beginning.