mail folders not showing

From: Jay Bromley
Subject: mail folders not showing
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:43:28 -0800

Hello,

I've recently set up gnus and am finding that I like it very much. However, I
find that I'm having one problem with my mail. My mail-splitting setup looks
like:

;;; Split mail into newsgroups
(setq nnmail-split-methods
      '(("jobs" "^From:.*tech-centric")
        ("java" "^From:.*sunmail@hermes.sun.com")
        ("gentoo" "^From:.*blackhole@forums.gentoo.org")
        ("inbox" "")))

Now, the jobs and inbox folders were my original folders and everything works
fine with them. There is a problem with the java and gentoo folders that I
added after the initial config, though. The split seems to be working, since
when I look at ~/Mail/java and ~/Mail/gentoo I see the new messages that have
been delivered. However, in the group buffer I don't see the groups nnml+java
and nnml+gentoo, even though I know there are new messages in those groups.
The ~/Mail/active file also seems to hold the correct info.

So the question is how do I get these two groups to show up in my group
buffer? I've tried nearly all of the group listing methods and cannot get them
to appear. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
J. Bromley                                    jbromley at bluebottle dot com