Multiple IMAP servers and groups with the same name

From: Juergen Kreileder
Subject: Multiple IMAP servers and groups with the same name
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:22:26 +0100

Hi,

my setup has two IMAP servers ("Local" and "", both are cyrus 2.1.16).
Both accounts have an INBOX folder and several other folders with the
same name.  Each time I check for new mail, gnus tells me the folders
which exists on both servers have changed and then goes on to check
these folders for what has changed (nothing!).  This slows down
gnus-group-get-new-news quite a bit; the more folders with same name
exist, the longer it takes to check for new mail.

E.g. with a few "duplicate" groups I get the following messages
each time I hit 'g':

,----
| Reading active file from Local via nnimap...
| Opening nnimap server on Local...done
| nnimap: Checking mailboxes...
| nnimap: Mailbox Admin/Root modified
| nnimap: Mailbox Admin/Postmaster modified
| nnimap: Mailbox Admin/Logcheck modified
| nnimap: Mailbox INBOX modified
| nnimap: Checking mailboxes...done
| Reading active file via nnimap...
| Opening nnimap server...done
| nnimap: Checking mailboxes...
| nnimap: Mailbox Admin/Root modified
| nnimap: Mailbox Admin/Postmaster modified
| nnimap: Mailbox Admin/Logcheck modified
| nnimap: Mailbox INBOX modified
| nnimap: Checking mailboxes...done
`----

How do I get gnus to understand that these groups are really different?

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java2-status/