How to hide cancelled articles in summary view in gnus

From: steve . tolkin
Subject: How to hide cancelled articles in summary view in gnus
Date: 8 Jan 2005 08:14:11 -0800

Some groups are attacked by spammers, e.g. comp.databases.olap, and
someone (who?) cancels those articles.  But the summary view in gnus
still shows them.  What, if anything, can I put in my .gnus files to
hide or delete these cancelled articles?
I am running gnus 5.10.2 on Windows XP.
Currently my .gnus file contains comments and this one line:
(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news-read1.maxwell.syr.edu"));

Thanks,
Steve
--
Steven Tolkin    Steve . Tolkin at Fmr . Com     617-563-0516
Fidelity Investments   82 Devonshire St. V13C    Boston MA 02109