Re: check mail config in init.el

From: drkm
Subject: Re: check mail config in init.el
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:08:11 +0100

attila <startnow@libero.it> writes:

> drkm <usenet@fgeorges.org> writes:

>> attila <startnow@libero.it> writes:

>>> but I would want to put it in the init.el.

>>   Why?

> I want a single file of configuration.

  It sounds strange to me.  Why not keep these things in different
files?  It's more easily maintainable, Gnus-things are loaded only if
you start it, etc.

  But if you want, there is no problem.  You define two functions, no
problem.  You call `gnus-demon-add-handler'.  So you have to require
gnus-demon, or gnus (which autoload it).  Something like this would be
ok:

    (defun ...
    (defun ...

    (require 'gnus-demon)
    (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-and-update 5 nil)

  Or:

    (defun ...
    (defun ...

    (eval-after-load 'gnus
      '(progn
         (require 'gnus-demon)
         (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-and-update 5 nil)))

  So the PROGN form will be eval'ed only after Gnus will be loaded.
The disadvantage with the first way is that it require gnus-demon at
the Emacs load time.

--drkm