gnus can't connect when WLAN card is used

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: gnus can't connect when WLAN card is used
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:49:43 -0500

Hello

Either this  is   a well known problem   or  I oversee something  very
elementary.  The  Laptop  I started to  use   has both a   regular LAN
netcard and a WLAN (centrino). Both seem to work fine with my Debian.

However

    - when WLAN  is down and  LAN is  up, everything works  as it
      should, mozilla telnet, ssh etc and gnus work fine.

    - when WLAN is up and LAN is down,  then telnet ssh, etc work
      fine but gnus *cannot* connect to the imap server. It looks
      either like a   routing or as  a nameserver  problem. Since
      however my Xemacs freezes  (control  g helps) I don't  know
      how to track this problem down.

Can anybody comment on this problem please.

Thanks

Uwe