Re: lost uidvalidity

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: lost uidvalidity
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:17:25 +0100

Sébastien Kirche <sebastien.kirche.no@spam.free.fr.invalid> writes:

> Le 26 Jan 2005, Simon Josefsson s'est exprimé ainsi :
>
>> > How to generate a new one ?
>>
>> It is generated automatically, and in any case shouldn't affect
>> getting all headers.  Perhaps you changed some other customization?
>
> Actually I used to have (uidvalidity . "some_number") in my group parameters
> and due  to some mistake while modifying  (G p) those parameters  i had lost
> that setting.
>
> I suppose that  it was auto generated during group creation,  and now it has
> disappeared the group  opening is longer than before,  with some «retrieving
> headers» message.

It is only saved if you quit the group, though.  Perhaps C-u 1 RET on
the group, and then q to quit the summary buffer, will help?

But I don't believe the uidvalidity group parameter influence header
retrieval, so I think you should look elsewhere for the reason for the
"retrieving headers" message.  (Although, arguable, a missing
uidvalidity _should_ lead to a cache invalidate.)