Re: More Encryption Woes: MML/PGP uses my own key

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: More Encryption Woes: MML/PGP uses my own key
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:39:53 +0100

Hi,

> Stefan Kamphausen <skampi@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Dear Gnus-Community,
>>
>> first: I hope I'm not being embarassing with all my questions these
>> days.  Please tell me, if so.
>>
>> After having tested all the SMIME stuff yesterday (thanks for the
>> answers, I'll try to make use of them) I went into the GPG encryption
>> today.  I tested it by encrypting with my ID at the office to my
>> private ID.  Obviously they both have the same name and only differ in
>> the email address.
>>
>> Now using C-c C-c c o inserts an mml-tag of the form
>>    <#secure method=pgp mode=signencrypt>
>> into the message.  When I then send it, it get's encrypted with my
>> public key from my _office ID_ so that I can decrypt it here at this
>> place.  Inserting another field into the mml-tag:
>>    recipient="Stefan Kamphausen <my@privateemail.de>"
>> didnt help either.
>
> Maybe sender="Stefan Kamphausen <my@privateemail.de>" is what you
> meant?

Sorry if I've been fuzzy in my problem description.

I am sitting at the office and want to send an encrypted email to my
private account for which I have the public key at hand.

Now encrypting and sending in any way leads to a message that seems to
contain the encrypted message for _both_ the recipient (my private
address) and the sender (my at the office).

Of course it is useful if the message that was Gcc'ed is encrypted
with my office-key so that I can actually access my outbox but I
really wonder why the outgoing message is encrypted with both keys.

> You could also add a default-key keyword to .gnupg/gpg.conf, to let it
> pick the correct key, I have:
>
> default-key B565716F

I didn't know about that, that might come in handy in other
situations.  Thanks.

Regards
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)