Re: ham-mark and expire mark

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: ham-mark and expire mark
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:15:36 -0500

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, vincent.bernat@raysa.org wrote:

> On group with auto expire flag, read messages are not processed as
> ham. I suppose this is due to the fact they are marked as expirable
> instead of read. However, I don't see how to tell to spam.el that
> messages that have the expire mark should be marked as ham.

The options are:

   :parameter-type '(list :tag "Ham mark choices"
                          (set
                           (variable-item gnus-del-mark)
                           (variable-item gnus-read-mark)
                           (variable-item gnus-ticked-mark)
                           (variable-item gnus-killed-mark)
                           (variable-item gnus-kill-file-mark)
                           (variable-item gnus-low-score-mark)))

so I would need to add the expire mark gnus-expirable-mark to the
default set.  I'm not sure that's a good idea - I don't use
auto-expire a lot, so any suggestions are welcome.

You can just hit `d' on the messages you want processed as ham, that
will give them the gnus-del-mark.  Does that help or do you need a lot
of it to happen?

Ted