Re: How to redefine keys?

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: How to redefine keys?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:16:39 +0000

Colin Paul Adams <colin@colina.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Although I have been using gnus for many years, I have not been able
> to rid myself of the habit of always using the r or R keys, even
> though I often should be using the f or F keys.
>
> Taking a hint from the FAQ, I tried adding the following to my .gnus
> file:
>
> (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "r" gnus-summary-followup)
> (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "R" gnus-summary-followup-with-original)
>
> but I get any error about the symbol gnus-summary-followup not being
> defined.
>
> What's the best way to go about doing this?

An alternative approach - putting this in your .gnus will make Gnus
check whether you _really_ want to send an e-mail in reply instead of
following up

;; prompt for mail replies to newsgroups!!!!!
(defadvice gnus-summary-reply (around reply-in-news activate)
   (interactive)
   (when (or (not (gnus-news-group-p gnus-newsgroup-name))
             (y-or-n-p "REALLY reply with a personal mail? "))
     ad-do-it))

hth

Glyn