Re: Strange message deleting mail files

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Strange message deleting mail files
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:08:54 +0100

On Fri, Mar 18 2005, Sarir Khamsi wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> writes:

[ "Expiry recovered 0 NOV entries, deleted 0 files, and freed 0.000000 B." ]
>> This message is from `gnus-agent-expire-done-message', i.e. it is
>> related to the expiry of the agent cache.  I think[1] it has nothing
>> to do with your previous `gnus-summary-delete-article' command.
>> `gnus-summary-delete-article' deletes immediately.
[...]
>> [1] I don't use the agent myself, so I might be missing something.
>
> OK, thanks. I checked and the messages are being deleted. It is still
> annoying. Do you know where I should look to get rid of the message or
> fix whatever is wrong? Thanks.

I think nothing is wrong there.  Maybe the message level (confer `C-h
v gnus-verbose RET' [1]) is too low: It is at level 4.
[ I cannot judge if the levels in gnus-agent.el should be adjusted.
  Kevin (Cc-ed in this message), could you comment on this? ]

When you set `gnus-verbose' to 3 or less, the expiry message will
disappear, but this also makes other parts of Gnus more quiet.

Bye, Reiner.

[1]
,----[ C-h v gnus-verbose RET ]

`----