GNUS connect to gmane

From: Dan Espen
Subject: GNUS connect to gmane
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 15:25:15 -0400

I'm having problems connecting GNUS to gmane.
I have a working GNUS, I'm connected now to giganews.
On the same machine I've connected to gmane using Mozilla.
When I do this in the GNUS group buffer:

B RET news.gname.org RET

I get this in my XEmacs lossage buffer:

Couldn't request list: Couldn't open connection to news.gmane.org: (error
Server closed connection)
Couldn't open connection to news.gmane.org: (error Server closed connection)
Reading active file...done
Reading active file...
Opening nntp server on news.gmane.org...done
Opening nntp server on news.gmane.org...
Connecting to news.gmane.org...

gnus-version gives me:

Oort Gnus v0.15