Firefox/Mozilla default browser

From: Lance Hoffmeyer
Subject: Firefox/Mozilla default browser
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:50:54 -0500

Hey,

I am having problems getting mozilla as my default browser.
I have put

(setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-mozilla)

in both ~/.xemacs/custom.el and ~/.gnus

but whenever I click on a link in rss://whatever it still
brings up the link inline via w3 or w3m.  I wouldn't mind
using w3/w3m (what is the difference between the two of these?)
but
1) as slow as firefox is loading up I think w3 is slower
2) W3 does not load a lot of the pages properly

Maybe part of this is my configuration of W3 but until I figure it
out I would prefer to use firefox as my default browser.

Perhaps there is a way to have xemacs ask me which browser I want to
use (firefox or w3m) when I RET on a link?  Or, perhaps I can add
some conditions for either firefox or w3m to load when in a certain
RSS group?  Any thoughts?  I know just enough about lisp to be really
dangerous!  Wish one could use perl or python instead (no flames please :)
Not that good with these but at least a little more knowledgeable.

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

          The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and
                          governments to gain ground.
                                       -
                                Thomas Jefferson