nnimap groups and "Updating Info"

From: Victor S. Miller
Subject: nnimap groups and "Updating Info"
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 22:46:41 -0400

I recently found that AOL mail now offered an IMAP server.  Thus, I
put the following in my .gnus.el:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")
        (nnimap "AOL"
                (nnimap-address "imap.aol.com")
                )
        ))

When I start gnus (I'm running 5.10.6 on emacs 20.7.1 on RH Linux), I
see that there are a number of nnimap groups.  When, for example, I
try to enter the group nnimap+AOL:INBOX (the same happens with any of
them), a Message appears that saying

nnimap: Updating info for nnimap+AOL:INBOX

and it remains (I even tried letting it run overnight!).  Are there
some parameters that I need to set to get this to work?

Victor