IMAP won't reconnect

From: Matthew King
Subject: IMAP won't reconnect
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 12:23:38 +0100

I have been happily using Gnus for a while now but am starting to get
irritated by what may well be a bug but could just as easily be a
misconfiguration on my part.

I connect to an IMAP server which, after a period of inactivity, will
close my connection. When this has happened I have to run
gnus-topic-get-new-news-this-topic (M-g) on an IMAP folder (or a topic
which contains one). I cannot simply enter a folder and I cannot quit a
folder if I have left Gnus sitting in one.

I can't remember exactly what the message is that I'm given but I shall
post a followup to this article when it happens next. I am fairly sure
the connection is opened in any case as the minibuffer reports that it
is starting TLS.

This is more of a nuisance than anything else but someone may have a
solution which would be nice.

I am running GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (from Debian) and No Gnus v0.4 (also from
Debian)

Cheers

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child," for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely