Re: Fancy Splitting within a split

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: Fancy Splitting within a split
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:35:22 -0400

currentlyeddie@rogers.com writes:

> Currently, I split all mail from a writer's e-mail list to one group,
> with this basic nnmail-split-fancy value:
> ("to" "writers@foo\\.edu" "list.writers")
> ;; addy mangled
>
> List members add subject headers to their mails-- ie, SUB for
> submissions, FILL for general chatter. What I want is a split that first
> checks if the mail is from the list, then sorts it according to subject
> keyword, and then puts any mail without a keyword into a
> list.writers.misc group. The manual seems fuzzy on how this is done, if
> it can be. Can someone share the recipie?

Untested:

(setq nnmail-split-fancy
  '(|
    (to "writers@foo\\.edu"
     (|
      (&
       ("subject" "SUB" "list.writers.sub")
       ("subject" "FILL" "list.writers.fill"))
      "list.writers.misc"))
    "misc"))

That is, if the To:, Cc:, etc. header contains the writers list, then
send it to the all of list.writers.sub and list.writers.fill if
appropriate, or list.writers.misc otherwise.  If it doesn't go to the
writers list, file under "misc".  You could flatten this by a level if
you only wanted the first SUB, FILL, etc.

  --dzm