Re: Disappear Marks

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: Re: Disappear Marks
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:53:26 -0400

  dak> Of course articles don't remain longer than the server stores them.

Yes, this I know.

  dak> If you want to cache them locally, use *

Hmmm ... I've been using `!' for *years*, and articles have been "cached".

Though I might be using the wrong terminology, the effect upon
returning to a group was I still had access to the '!'ed articles.

I never used `*' ... don't understand this ...

  dak> * runs the command gnus-cache-enter-article
  dak>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-cache'.

That's pretty clear.

Maybe there's some command (that's gone from my ".gnus.el") that also
allowed `!' to do the same thing as `*'?

Or, could the behavior of `!' and `*' changed in more recent versions
of 'gnus'?

Thanks for your efforts to help me with this!

  -Kenneth