gnus always loads too much

From: David Chmelik
Subject: gnus always loads too much
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:40:42 -0700

Gnus is taking about 10x as long as thunderbird to read the same .newsrc. I read I should delete .newsrc or .newsrc-dribble (whatever that is), and start over but already am subscribed to 71 groups. If apropos or something is as easy to search for groups i will use it from now on. I tried to enable it to save messages but it seems like it is not doing that, so takes long. As it loads it beeps for many groups either typed wrong or backspaced (including some pointless ones with cuss words that maybe an admin was trying to rid the newsserver of)

David, dchmelik at .com domain hipplanet