Re: Encoding for one particular article

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Encoding for one particular article
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:26:54 +0200

On Mon, Sep 26 2005, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

>> You may also set `mm-coding-system-priorities' on a per-group basis or
>> for certain hierarchies:
[...]
> For the fj hierarchy, it will be better to use the default value
> of the case where Gnus runs in the Japanese language environment.
> That is:
>
>       ("^fj\\." ;; Japan
>        (mm-coding-system-priorities
>         '(iso-8859-1 iso-2022-jp iso-2022-jp-2 shift_jis utf-8)))
>
> You all might not write Japanese articles, though. ;-)

Exactly.  :-)  Thanks for the correction.

In the article quoted above, I used the suggestions from the previous
poster[1].  It was only to demonstrate that Gnus allows the
specification of the outgoing charset on a hierarchical basis.

Bye, Reiner.

[1] One of those "Is there any newsreader that supports ...?"
    questions, where (of course[2]) the answer always is "Gnus".

[2]
,----[ Karl Kleinpaste in <news:vxkhepi9xxd.fsf@cinnamon.vanillaknot.com> ]
`----
--