Re: How to set 'gnus-summary-sort-by-date' permanently?

From: romeomedina
Subject: Re: How to set 'gnus-summary-sort-by-date' permanently?
Date: 28 Sep 2005 04:20:59 -0700

I think I have threading enabled (in fact, the value of
'gnus-show-thread'
is 't').
According to your interpretation, I put in my ~/.gnus.el the following:

     (setq gnus-thread-sort-functions
           '(gnus-summary-sort-by-date))

, but then I don't manage to enter any group. When I try to enter a
group
I get a message like:

Retrieving newsgroup: prova2...
Fetching headers for prova2...done
sort: Wrong number of arguments: #[(&optional reverse) "B\"‡"
[reverse gnus-summary-sort date] 3
("/usr/local/share/emacs/21.3.50/lisp/gnus/gnus-sum.elc" . 353920)
"P"], 2

. What I wish to achieve in the Summary buffer is:
1) articles grouped for thread;
2) within a thread, articles sorted by date;
3) threads sorted by the date of the thread top.
Instead, gnus is following a sort-by-number principle
for articles belonging to a same thread.

Cheers,
Rodolfo