gnus recovery from backup

From: Stefano Ghirlanda
Subject: gnus recovery from backup
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:50:26 +0100

Dear all,

I had a computer accident and have restored my files from a
backup. Perhaps because my backup method does not preserve timestamps,
the summary buffers for my mail groups look out of date with respect
to the  mail messages that are actually on the hard drive (nnml
backend). I see the messages are there but they do not show up in the
summary buffer for the group, which seem stuck to May 05 (perhaps this
is the date of my first backup with this system). Even if I do C-u RET
i do not see newer messages (but those who have arrived after I
recovered from the backup show up fine).

Is there a way to recreate the summary buffer for each group based on
the messages on the hard drive?

I do not care whether I will have to manually catch up for read mail,
or other similar "adjustments", provided I can see all my mail.

Thanks,
Stefano

--
Stefano   | Department of Psychology, University of Bologna
Ghirlanda | Interdisciplinary cultural research, Stockholm University