Setting bbdb to ignore changed email addresses

From: Euan
Subject: Setting bbdb to ignore changed email addresses
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:08:06 GMT

One of the newsgroups I frequent has a nntp / web interface which a lot
of the subscribers use.

One of the annoying features of this interface is that it generates a
random false email address in the `From:' header.  This causes bbdb to
ask me if I want to add the new email address for people I have in my
database.

To put it mildly, this is annoying.

I've tried the following in .xemacs/custom.el with no success.

(setq bbdb-quiet-about-name-mismatches 1)
(setq bbdb-use-alternate-names nil)
(setq bbdb-use-alternate-names nil)
(setq bbdb-always-add-addresses 1)
(setq bbdb-canonicalize-redundant-nets-p t)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, any ideas?
--
Cheers               |  ~~    __@