Re: verizon and smtp authorization have me stumped

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: verizon and smtp authorization have me stumped
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:47:31 +0100

On Sat, Dec 03 2005, Steve wrote:

> Reiner Steib wrote:
>> Set various debug variables from smptmail.el to t and sent the output
>> to the Gnus development list (ding@gnus.org) and/or the smptmail.el
>> maintainer.  Be sure to eliminate passwords and other sensitive data.
>> Include you configuration, too.
>>
>>> PS - tips on using the elisp debugger would be welcomed!
>> (info "(gnus)Troubleshooting")
>
> Thanks, that helped a lot.  Using edebug, I found the problem and
> fixed it.

Great!

> Should I send a patch to ding@gnus.org, or should I use M-xgnus-bug?

I'd prefer `ding@gnus.org' for Gnus patches.  If the patch is for
smptmail.el (which is not part of Gnus) you could send it to the
smptmail maintainer (Simon Josefsson <simon @ josefsson.org>) or do
`M-x report-emacs-bug RET' (if you got smptmail.el from Emacs).

(Don't worry to much about where to send the patch.  Eventually people
will forward it or point you to the right place.)

> Is there a special format for submitting patches?

"diff -u" is fine.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,