Re: Lisp recipe to set From header

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: Lisp recipe to set From header
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:12:22 +0100

At 22:34 on Jan 27 2006, Matthew King said :

> I don't know anywhere near enough lisp to write this though, so how
> would I go about doing this?

If I understand correctly, you should take a look to
message-alternative-emails that provides exactly that : when replying to
a message where the To: is in the alternatives, that address is
automagicaly used for the From: of the reply. Otherwise it uses the
styles or the user-mail-address.

Its value should be a regexp, so regexp-opt could be useful to build it.
Here is an example :

(setq message-alternative-emails
      (regexp-opt (cons user-mail-address
                        '("first@domain.net"