gnus, swish-e, nnir - jumping to article (G T) issue

From: Matt Ford
Subject: gnus, swish-e, nnir - jumping to article (G T) issue
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:52:43 +0000

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Emacs, GNU's and swish-e so I need a little help here...

I'm using nnir to interface to swish-e so I can do really sweet
searchs over my mailbox.  It all works great - up until the point I
try to go from the nnir generated group to the articles originating
group via "G T".

When trying to go to the originating group I get this,

  Trying to require a method that doesn't exist.

Switching on, toggle-debug-on-error, gives me this,

  debug(error (error "Trying to require a method that doesn't exist"))
  signal(error ("Trying to require a method that doesn't exist"))
  error("Trying to require a method that doesn't exist")
  gnus-server-opened((nil "-ephemeral" (nil-address nil)))
  gnus-check-server((nil "-ephemeral" (nil-address nil)))
  gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group("mail.sent" nil t (#<killed buffer>
  . summary) nil (432$ (let* ((cur ...) (group ...) (backend-number
  ...) server backend-group) (setq server (n$
  gnus-summary-nnir-goto-thread()
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-nnir-goto-thread)

How can I further debug?

My .gnus.el is very simple with not much more than the following,

  (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml ""))
  ;; use a fancy search engine
  (require 'nnir)
  (setq nnir-search-engine 'swish-e)
  (setq nnir-mail-backend gnus-select-method)

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the fact that nnml is
my primary news server - but I've no good reason for thinking this.
The path seems correct as when I GG I can view the articles returned
in the summary buffer - I just can't leap to the original
location....hmmmm....

Any pointers?

Cheers,

Matt