cid problems

From: google
Subject: cid problems
Date: 22 May 2006 04:11:40 -0700

Hi--

I recently upgraded to No Gnus 0.4 from Debian,
under XEmacs 21.4 patch 17 Jumbo Shrimp,
and cid rendering seems to have stopped working.

It's possible I changed something in .gnus, but I don't think so...

Here's what seems like it might be relavent:

(setq mm-automatic-display
      '(
        "application/pgp-signature"
        "image/gif"
        "image/jpeg"
        "image/png"
        "message/delivery-status"
        "message/rfc822"
        "multipart/related"
        "multipart/mixed"
        "text/enriched"
        "text/html"
        "text/richtext"
                         ))
(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives
      '("text/html"
        "text/richtext"))
(add-to-list 'mm-inlined-types "message/rfc822")
(setq mm-inline-large-images 'T)
(setq mm-inline-text-html-with-images 'T)
(setq mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp 'nil)
(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
(setq w3m-default-display-inline-images 'T)
(setq w3m-display-inline-image 'T)

I had to set mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp to nil to make cid's render before
I upgraded. Despite what the manual said, under the previous debian
gnus rev,
if I left it alone, cid's didn't work, and when I flipped it to nil,
they did...

  thanks for any clues...
   --akb