Re: archiving mail with nnmail-expiry-target

From: Nelson Ferreira
Subject: Re: archiving mail with nnmail-expiry-target
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 18:51:34 -0400

"martin" == martin bishop@gmail com <martin.bishop@gmail.com> writes:

    martin> In my .gnus I have the following
    martin> (setq nnmail-expiry-wait 'immediate)
    martin> (setq nnmail-expiry-target
    martin>         '(lambda (group)
    martin>          (concat "nnfolder:"

Here you are using the nnfolder backend which is a single file based
group which gets loaded into a buffer. If you use nnml or some other
backend you'll get around this..

    martin>                  (format-time-string "%b-%Y." (current-time))
    martin>                  group)))

    martin> Is there any way to prevent gnus from opening the group to be
archive
    martin> to in a buffer ?
    martin> I.E. when I go to exit emacs, I get prompted to save the
Jun-2006.Inbox
    martin> buffer

Are you sure you quit Gnus properly with 'q' in the Group buffer ?
Gnus should save the buffer at that time. You can also do it by
pressing 's' in the group buffer which saves all changes in the state
of groups etc.

--
Nelson Ferreira