Re: very quick question about open buffers after sending replies...

From: Robert D. Crawford
Subject: Re: very quick question about open buffers after sending replies...
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:31:24 -0500

hotmail_spam@hotmail.com (Martin Jørgensen) writes:

> BTW: How do you know that or how could I know that? Is it in the
> help-menu somewhere... Or did you look at a long list of internal
> variables and then read about a few of them with C-h v ?

IIRC, it was in this group that I found it in  One of three ways

1.  I did a search via google

2.  Someone else asked the question and it was one of the things that I
    had on the back burner to solve.  This happens more often than I
    would like to admit.

3.  I asked at some point.

At this point I really don't remember which.

As concerns using apropos to search for variables and then doing C-h v,
sometimes it is easy and you know pretty much what you are going to need
to search for.  Other times you will have to look through quite a list
of variables before you find the one you need.  This gets easier as you
keep working with emacs and the conventions become clearer.

Remember, M-x apropos is your friend.

BTW, a later post gives the advice

(info "(message)Message Buffers")

Just in case you don't know, if you see something that looks like this,
place point directly after the closing paren and use C-x C-e to
evaluate.  Try it and you will open up an info buffer with the relevant
documentation.

happy hacking,

rdc
--