Re: indicate email has attachment in summary buffer

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: indicate email has attachment in summary buffer
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 00:26:20 +0200

On Thu, Aug 03 2006, Leon wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> On Thu, Aug 03 2006, Leon wrote:
>>> Do you think this is reliable to match all emails with attachment?
>>
>> It also matches other articles (e.g. various text/plain parts with
>> different charset), but these articles are quite rare.
[...]
> Actually I just met one such email. Gnus didn't show any attachment in
> article buffer, but thunderbird did.

What is the value of the Content-Type header of this mail?  E.g. if
someone sends[1] a PDF or an image without any accompanying text, you
might get application/pdf or image/jpeg.

> Is there any standard way of testing if an email has attachment?

First you need to define the term "attachment" properly.

Bye, Reiner.

Footnotes:
[1]  E.g.: mutt -s "this is the image" -a foo.jpg < /dev/null

--
       ,,,
      (o o)