Re: Configuring gnus for gmail

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: Re: Configuring gnus for gmail
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 16:36:23 +0200

"Rodolfo Medina" <romeomedina@libero.it> writes:

> ... Now I can fetch and send mail through gnus and my gmail account,
> but with a problem left: if I send a mail to myself, using gnus,
> gnus does not manage to fetch it from gmail. Instead, if I send a mail
> to myself without using gnus (directly through gmail account), then
> gnus fetches it.
> Can anybody tell why this happens and how to work it out?

I turned the question to the Gmail support and that's what they replied:

 If you've enabled POP, Gmail will download a copy of every message you
 send or receive, except for messages in 'Spam' and 'Trash.' Messages
 already available in your mail client will not be downloaded again.

 In order to avoid duplicates, Gmail doesn't download copies of messages
 sent from within your mail client.

Bye,
Rodolfo