What files to rsync between machines?

From: Xiao-Yong Jin
Subject: What files to rsync between machines?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:01:01 -0400

Hi all there,

Usually I use two machines, a laptop and a desktop, for my personal
staff.  Because it's not practical to have NFS, so I think it's better
just rsync some of the files.

I end up with a list of the files related to gnus,

~/News
~/Mail
~/.newsrc.eld
~/.gnus
~/.bbdb
~/.signature
~/.nnmail-cache

I want to be sure if these are all I need to have for gnus to function
properly.  I don't wanna mess up with my mails.

Currently I use nnml and nnrss most often.  And I use emacs version 22
on one and version 23 on the other.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Xiao-Yong
--