Re: gnus is freezing right after startup

From: Slackat
Subject: Re: gnus is freezing right after startup
Date: 24 Dec 2006 20:25:34 +0100

William Warren <""william_warren_nonoise\"@speakeasy(William Warren).net">
writes:

> Slackat wrote:
>
> > Without wanting to be supercritical, simple tests that can be run on
> > speakeasy.net indicate that it is a technical disaster
> > If you own it, seek some help on getting it set up correctly
> > If you don't own it, dump it as an ISP
>
> I disagree: I've had excellent service from Speakeasy. They have a
> "bits are bits" attitude, allow me to run my own servers, and are the
> best I've ever dealt with for customer service.
>
> I'm not affiliated, have no connection, etc. Just a satisfied customer.
>
> William

No problemo

I dunno if this will help you or not, but it seems to me that your
UseNet NewsServer requires you specifically to log on

It's just possdible that you may not be authenticating properly

Admittedly the following is a Wondoze blurb, but note the section
where the server is input where it shows the ''Login'' box checked

http://www.speakeasy.net/support/other/OENews.php

--
Slackrat
AKA Bill Henderson