Re: BBDB related Firefox extension

From: Springfield
Subject: Re: BBDB related Firefox extension
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 23:51:39 +0000

Daniel Brooks <db48x@yahoo.com> writes:

> Since I use Gnus and BBDB for my email and address book, I wrote an
> extension to it that takes contact information from an hCard and
> uses emacsclient to insert it into the BBDB. It's available from
> http://db48x.net/microformats/bbdb.js. It's still in the very early
> stages, and all it can do is send the data to emacs. It can't detect
> duplicate entries or try to merge them or anything like that, but I
> thought someone might be interested.

Strange that you should post that as I've just converted a list of
vCards to the bbdb format with what might be the worlds hackiest
script:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;

while (<>) {
  print "[\"$2\" \"$1\" nil nil nil nil (\""

    print qq{$1") ((creation-date . "2007-01-03") (timestamp . };
    print qq{"2007-01-03")) nil]\n};
  }
}

Lots of assumptions made I know but it was a one off for me.

Cheers,
Spring