Re: Searching BBDB by mail-alias

From: Thomas Gerds
Subject: Re: Searching BBDB by mail-alias
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:47:24 +0100

hi,

here is some code that allows you to search all fields for which there
is no special search utility. for example,

M-x bbdb-field RET
mail-alias RET
. RET

lists all records that have a mail-alias.

(defun bbdb-field (field string elidep)
  "Display all entries in the BBDB matching the regexp STRING in the field
field."
  (interactive "xField where to search : \nsRegular Expression for Search: \nP")
  (let* ((target (cons field string))
         (bbdb-elided-display (bbdb-grovel-elide-arg elidep))
         (recs (bbdb-search (bbdb-records) nil nil nil target)))
    (bbdb-display-records recs)
    recs))

best,
tomy