Re: Weird number of messages on server

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Weird number of messages on server
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:35:58 -0500

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:23:02 -0500 mark@ixod.org (Mark T.B. Carroll) wrote:

MTBC> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 13:28:46 -0500 mark@ixod.org (Mark T.B. Carroll) wrote:
MTBC> (snip)
MTBC> I sometimes see something similar - see my report at
MTBC> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=393546

MTBC> I find that removing all mention of the afflicted groups from Gnus'
MTBC> files, then resubscribing, etc. fixes the problem when it happens.

>> I hope that works.  I've never seen this bug.  If you can replicate it
>> reliably, turn on the NNTP log, and try to submit a bug  You may need
>> to send us your newsrc.eld and other bits.

MTBC> Cool. FWIW there's an NNTP log snip in that bug (it doesn't seem to
MTBC> include the server's actual responses, just what was sent) and my
MTBC> .gnus.el was as in
MTBC> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=355071

MTBC> It's not happening at the moment, but if it happens again I'll gather a
MTBC> copy of the newsrc.eld and let you guys know.

Great, thanks Mark.  If you don't hear from a Gnus developer in a few
days, remind me and I'll follow up on the ding mailing list.

MTBC> The only really irritating bug right now is
MTBC> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=379665
MTBC> (I have seven open bugs filed with Debian)

Unfortunately I don't use the Agent personally, and was not involved
at all in the code for it, so I can't suggest anything.  As with the
other bug, let me know if you haven't heard about it from a Gnus
developer.

Generally Gnus bugs should be submitted with M-x gnus-bug instead of
through Debian for the fastest response.  I am on the ding mailing
list, and I don't remember anything from the Debian people in years
(but I may have missed it).  We do get reports from Emacs, though,
since Gnus is included in Emacs.

Ted